Rotational Development Associate
Chicago BullsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The Bulls are seeking dedicated and driven individuals to participate in our Rotational Development Program for the 2018-19 season. This Program offers a seasonal opportunity for career growth to individuals who are passionate about learning more about the business side of sports. We are seeking highly intuitive and talented college graduates to fill these roles. During the season, Rotational Associates will rotate through three different departments and collaborate with dynamic teams.
As a Rotational Associate, you will learn about our business and culture through on-the-job experience. Through this Program, you will build and develop skills that is relevant and valuable to your career development in sports. You will contribute positively to the team's culture by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all team members.
This position will begin in September 2018 and conclude in May 2019. We select rotations for participants based upon business need and each rotation will be 12 weeks long. Our goal is for you to further grow and develop your knowledge, skills, and abilities. A sample of departments that may have a rotation include:
• Business Strategy & Analytics
• Community Relations
• Partnership Marketing
KEY PROGRAM ELEMENTS:
1. Department Projects: During each rotation, you will work on department specific projects to ensure you gain a deep understanding and build skills aligned with that department's functions.
2. Learning and Networking: You will have the opportunity to engage and participate in learning events such as lunch and learns, All Staff meetings, Speaker Series events, etc.
3. Mentorship: You will have a peer mentor to help answer questions and offer insight into how to make the most of this Program experience. They will also provide any further opportunities for shadowing and peer networking.
We are looking to place a highly organized self-starter who can work well across departments to fill this role. You could be a potential match for this role if you have a strong mix of the following:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university.
• Strong desire and passion to work in the sports industry.
• Strong work ethic.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Highly detail-oriented.
• Strong communication (both written and verbal).
• Excellent teammate, with positive energy, who has a desire to learn.
• Ability to work quickly in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Note that this role pays an hourly wage, requires flexible work hours and may include work outside of normal office hours during the business week and on weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have previous professional internship experience? [Yes/No]
• Do you have previous project management experience? [Yes/No]
• Do you or will you have a Bachelor's degree by June 2018? [Yes/No]
• Are you available to work game nights, weekends, and holidays? [Yes/No]
• Are you located in the Chicagoland area? [Yes/No]
• Are you proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook? [Yes/No]
• Were you referred by a Bulls employee? [Yes/No]