Paid Intern - Communications
Chicago BullsHoffman Estates, IL
Part Time Paid Internship
The Windy City Bulls is seeking a highly motivated, dedicated and creative individual to fill our Communications Intern position for the upcoming 2018 - 2019 season. As the Communications Intern, you will assist with planning, organizing, and executing all communications responsibilities and activities.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about learning more about communications in the sports industry. The individual that fills this role will have hands-on involvement in various types of communication channels that support our strategic marketing initiatives. More specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
• Help with the development and execution of a robust social media marketing plan
• Assist with managing and maintaining all website content to ensure accuracy
• Assist our team in building an e-mail marketing plan
• Effectively track data and follow-up on marketing opportunities
• Perform data entry to grow the organization's various sales databases
• Participate in providing phenomenal customer service experiences
• Help prepare, create and distribute corporate partnership re-caps and reviews
• Set-up of game-day activations
• Actively participate in community appearances
• Assist in the management of various game day employees related to communications and media relations, including scoring and statistics staff and broadcast personnel
• Assist in coordinating and distributing all media credential requests
• Serve as a liaison for local media personnel on game days and handle information requests
• Assist in all media requests for athletes and coaching staff, as requested
• Current college student or recent college graduate with an emphasis on communication, sports management or business administration
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Proficiency in social media, including Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook
• Excellent teammate, with positive energy, who has a desire to learn
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Highly organized and strong time management abilities
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong communication (both written and verbal) with the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
• Works effectively and quickly in a dynamic environment
Note that this role pays an hourly wage, requires flexible work hours and will include work outside of normal office hours during the business week and on weekends.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work from October 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018 in Hoffman Estates, IL? [YES/NO]
• Do you have previous communications experience? If so, please explain.
• Please submit a basketball writing example with your resume for review.
• What are your career aspirations and goals?