Paid Intern - Business Operations
Chicago BullsHoffman Estates, IL
Part Time Paid Internship
The Windy City Bulls is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to fill our Business Operations Intern position for the upcoming 2018 - 2019 season. The individual that fills this role will be responsible for supporting our dynamic Business Operations & Merchandising team with the successful execution of the department's goals and objectives.
As the Business Operations Intern, you will have hands-on involvement in our day to day operations that support our strategic direction. You will primarily collaborate with your team members to manage and execute our merchandise business. More specifically, you are responsible for the following:
• Set-up and coordinate point-of-sale locations on game days
• Facilitate online shopping order fulfillments
• Lead game day merchandise staff
• Find creative opportunities and ideas to promote and generate merchandise awareness
• Assist with handling and maintaining inventory
• Assist in running our online store to ensure merchandise is presented professionally
• Assist with crafting financial reports
• Handle vendor invoices through coding and booking
• Build game day revenue reports
• Build settlement reports with Sears Centre
• Maintain organized filing systems for all revenue and expenses
• Collaborate with our Ticketing and Sponsorship department to collect appropriate information for developed reports
• Perform data entry to grow our various sales databases
• Actively participate in providing extraordinary and vibrant customer service experiences
• Current college student or recent college graduate (Experience or degree in sports marketing or business administration is preferred)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent teammate, with positive energy, who has a desire to learn
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Highly organized and strong time management abilities
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong communication (both written and verbal) with the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
• Works effectively and quickly in a dynamic environment
Note that this role pays an hourly wage, requires flexible work hours and will include work outside of normal office hours during the business week and on weekends.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work from October 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019 in Hoffman Estates, IL? [YES/NO]
• Do you have previous accounting, finance or merchandise management experience? [YES/NO]
• Do you have prior experience creating reports in Microsoft Excel? If yes, please elaborate.