Account Executive Of Business Development, Corporate Partnerships
Chicago BullsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
The Chicago Bulls are seeking an Account Executive of Business Development in Corporate Partnerships to grow and develop new partnership business for the organization. As an Account Executive, you will develop and sell integrated corporate partnerships consisting of Bulls, Chicago Bulls Charities, Windy City Bulls and United Center assets including but not limited to signage, promotions, digital advertising, community programming, print advertising, IP rights, and corporate hospitality.
The individual in this position will be expected to help grow the organization's corporate partnerships by prospecting, building key local relationships, and nurturing existing clients while closing new business. This is an excellent opportunity for a developing sales person who can craft compelling solutions that positively position our partners to meet their strategic goals.
In this role, you will support the team's business development efforts, with particular emphasis on building new business in assigned categories. Additional responsibilities include:
• Continuously prospect to develop new business through outreach and networking, which includes growing existing relationships and offerings of assigned accounts. Maintains a consistent 'pipeline' of potential business.
• Manage the sales process from initial touchpoint through contract execution while exceeding individual and team goals.
• Build customer relationships through strategic conversations to understand organizational business objectives and goals; performs a basic client needs analysis with prospective partners and mirrors those objectives with a custom Bulls and/or United Center partnership proposal that builds value for both the partner and our organization.
• Entertain clients and prospects at Bulls home games and additional special events.
• Assist in the execution of various organizational functions.
• Involved in the servicing of Bulls and United Center clients all year long during regular office hours, at home games and at various Bulls functions.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with senior executives employed by current and future Bulls corporate partners, and also with senior level executives within the organization.
We are seeking an individual with a strong business development background with knowledge of strategic account management, sales process and solution selling. In addition, you may be a potential fit for this role if you have a mix of the following:
• Minimum four-year college degree with a one-year minimum of full-time sales and/or sponsorship experience
• Proven prospector with a track record of securing initial meetings and phone calls
• Preferred fluency in brand marketing and integrated partnerships
• Desire to work as a collaborative, self-starter
• Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to work within a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to communicate articulately and confidently both verbally and in writing with individuals at every level of the organization
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to work nights/weekends/holidays as needed
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have more than one year of full-time professional sales experience (excluding internships)? [Yes/No]
• Describe your previous sales experience and why you feel it would benefit you in this position.
• Have you worked in sales for a professional sports organization in a previous or current role? [Yes/No]
• Do you have a successful track record of securing initial meetings and phone calls with prospective clients? [Yes/No]
• Do you have experience working in a business development role in the Chicagoland area? [Yes/No]
• If so, please briefly explain.