Center Theatre GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Responsible for managing hiring, training, scheduling and dispatching of Drivers. Oversees Production logistics and deliveries of scenery, props and costumes for the Production Department at all of Center Theatre Group's (CTG) locations. Schedule interoffice mail /package deliveries on a daily basis companywide. Maintains company vehicles and schedules usage.
• Supervise Driver staff. Create and maintain pool of drivers for work throughout the year for the Operations Department. This includes driving, office moves, etc.
• Manage all aspects of driver schedule; dispatch drivers as required by the evolving needs companywide and specific needs of the Production department, Shop and Warehouse.
• Work with Production Department to facilitate show specific needs, purchase pickups and returns, warehouse restock and consumables inventory restock.
• Act as primary point of contact for freight and deliveries to the Shop, Warehouse, Annex, and all theatres.
• Schedule vehicle maintenance including the management of vehicle purchasing and maintenance budgets.
• Provide detailed documentation, reporting and record keeping of all maintenance, trucking and schedules.
• As needed, interface with facilities vendors at CTG's facilities.
• Place orders and pull stock for Production Department personnel and theatre stagehand department heads. This includes soft goods, lumber, hardware, props and expendable deliveries for Production.
• Execute, manage, code, and reconcile petty cash, credit card and PO purchases.
• Promote safe practices at all CTG sites. Ensure compliance with in-house safety procedures and compliance with regulations and applicable laws such as but not limited to hazardous waste and SDS. This includes disseminating and posting OSHA requirements, facilitating training, purchase and maintain common safety equipment, recommending new safety practices or policies to the Facilities Manager and participation in a CTG Safety Committee
• Safely load, unload and secure items from CTG's various facilities and vendor locations.
• Safe operation of company vehicle and lifts. CTG will provide training and certification when required.
• Manage hazardous waste disposal for all CTG facilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties. All employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to Center Theatre Group's Personnel Policies and Procedures.
• Knowledge and essential skills
o Prior supervisory experience.
o Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
o Working knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and Excel. Comfort with communicating via e-mail and phone.
o Ability to work collaboratively with a team and with a variety of personalities.
o Clear and persuasive communicator, both written and verbal.
o Ability to coordinate multiple parts of a project, set priorities and follow through in a timely manner.
o Ability to remain calm , balanced and productive, demonstrating strong leadership and managerial skills, while exhibiting tact, discretion, diplomacy and a sense of humor.
o Previous experience working in theatrical / live entertainment environment.
o Familiarity with theatrical hardware and supplies.
o Spanish fluency a plus.
o Strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Minimum requirements
o Willingness and ability to work 40 hours or more per week on a flexible schedule.
o Ability to sit in a workstation, type and work with a computer for extended periods of time.
o Ability to lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weight up to 40 lbs or more occasionally and 25lbs frequently.
o Must be able to work on a ladder and in hard-to-reach places.
o Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, reach and climb in various positions to perform tasks.
o Company required valid California driver's license with good driving record.
o Must be able to operate various lifts and forklifts. Company requires certificates and will provide training.
o First Aid Certification. Company will provide if needed.
o Demonstrated ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
COMPENSATION The position will receive a competitive compensation. CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, and life and long-term disability insurance.
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, we have entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. At the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre, we produce and present the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country. Over the past decade, we have commissioned 65 shows and produced 40 World premieres, making us one of the nation's leading producers of ambitious new works. And our robust education and community programs have long embedded us in the rich culture of Los Angeles. Center Theatre Group strives to make Los Angeles a theatre destination for audiences and artists from around the world-and to make a major impact on the city.
The 180+ full- and part-time staff members who make all this possible are passionate about this place and their work. Whether it's pre-show gatherings and Staff Nights at our theatres, meet-and-greets with cast and crew, or our annual holiday party, our staff is engaged with the art and one another. Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion permeate all levels and all aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes, and in the community
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you're the best person for this job.
Send resume and cover letter along with salary desired. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered.
In your cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, via another source.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online