Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors
Center Theatre GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Under the direction of the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors coordinates all activities and communications related to the Board of Directors and plays a central role in ensuring that Board members are educated about Center Theatre Group, engaged in the organization and have the information and tools they need to be effective in their position.
1. With the Executive Assistant to the Director of Institutional Advancement, Executive Assistant to the Artistic Director and Executive Assistant to the Managing Director and other appropriate administrators schedule and manage the comprehensive calendar of Board, Committee and Special Task Force Meetings as well as special events involving board members, check calendars to ensure limited date conflicts, including conflicts with The Music Center, LA Opera, LA Phil and LA Master Chorale.
2. Provide administrative support as needed to the Board President, including scheduling and calendar support, drafting of communications, and access to documents and materials the President may require.
3. Plan and execute Board of Director meetings including venue/menu selection and notifying and collecting RSVPs from the board.
4. Work with leadership to prepare Board Meeting Agendas, to draft scripts for verbal reports and to collect written reports and materials from other departments and distribute accordingly.
5. Take minutes for the Board of Director meetings and submit to the Director of Institutional Advancement, Managing Director, Artistic Director, Board Secretary and Board President for approval.
6. Working with the Director of Communications, distribute all communication to the Board, including meeting notices, informational reports on CTG, and any other correspondence that ensures effective communication with a high-level of transparency.
7. Attend and take minutes for the following Board Committee Meetings: Executive, Governance and select Task Forces.
8. Manage and update the Board website.
9. Notice and collect annual dues from each Board Member.
10. Track and report on Board Giving, theatre attendance and meeting participation.
11. Distribute, collect and report on the Board Self-Evaluation Survey.
12. Coordinate and track Board Committee assignments.
13. Track Board Member terms, emeritus members, board demographics and any other reports as requested.
14. Track the board recruitment process, including preparing candidate profiles, and tracking and scheduling lunches and follow-up that is needed.
15. Coordinate and assist in planning the New Board Member ''On-Boarding'' process, including assigning mentors, monitoring assigned activities for New Board Members and managing the Orientation Day.
16. Assist the VIP Ticket Desk on handling of all ticketing requests for Board Members.
17. Working with the Managing Director and Board Secretary, ensure By-Laws are kept current and are posted on the Board website.
18. Ensure Board Member contact and other information is current in all appropriate documents and on Tessitura.
1. Demonstrates a positive attitude towards board members, donors and fellow staff.
2. Ensures that all printed materials are well written and proofed including but not limited to letters, proposals, invites, mailing lists, reports, agendas and meeting minutes.
3. Evidence good work habits including but not limited to being on time, following CTG workplace policies, arriving prepared for meetings and events, being responsive and following through on all Board and supervisor requests.
4. Exhibits appropriate phone, email and in-person etiquette, and responds to phone and email messages in a timely fashion.
5. Works as a team member with the entire Institutional Advancement staff on all department events and activities, working a minimum of 12 events each year.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Previous Executive Assistant experience, preferably including board support assignments within a non-profit organization.
2. Previous experience working in an office environment.
3. Computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel in addition to a strong working knowledge of database systems.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
5. Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
6. Knowledge of, and passion for the theatre arts.
7. Enthusiasm, dedication, a sense of humor and a drive to succeed.
8. Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and overtime if and as needed.
9. Must be able to easily travel to, within and around a variety of locations in Los Angeles, both interior and exterior for meetings, events and other job-related activities.
10. Must be able to effectively and efficiently operate office equipment including telephones, copiers, fax machines, computers, etc.
11. Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds (i.e. reports, programs, brochures, etc.)
12. Must have flexibility to work overtime or evenings as needed.
13. Must have own transportation to attend meetings and events off site.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program and life and long-term disability insurance.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.
Job Code: Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you're the best person for this job.
Send resume and cover letter along with salary desired to email listed. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered.
In your cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, via another source.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online