Associate Director of Research
Center Theatre GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Center Theatre Group seeks an Associate Director of Research to join the company's Institutional Advancement team. The Associate Director of Research will report to the Advancement Operations Director and provides the important tools for a team to raise $15 million annually, including a Capital Campaign. The position oversees prospect identification, qualification, and assignment to ensure prospect pipelines for individual, corporate and foundation areas.
1. Maintain an overall knowledge of the organization's top prospects to assist fundraisers in developing appropriate cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies; represent that information at meetings and in strategy discussions.
2. Supervise and mentor a research staff member. Set departmental and individual employee goals and provide routine evaluations of progress towards these goals.
3. Create and monitor budgets for the research area.
4. Evaluate research tools, remain current on emerging technologies and contract and maintain vendor relations.
5. Proactively identify and rank new prospects from the broader community as well as CTG audiences. Create systems to ensure this is an ongoing and robust function.
6. Develop and implement policies and procedures necessary for a high-capacity, smoothly run research program. Ensure high professional standards and ethics are adhered to.
7. Oversee and create prospect briefings, profiles, reports and other written communications for Board Members and CTG Senior Staff.
8. Create systems to ensure the integrity of research information populated to the Tessitura database.
9. Ensures that all printed materials are well-written and proofed including but not limited to letters, briefings, mailing lists and reports.
10. Other duties as assigned.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work history required. Three years or more of prospect research experience at a nonprofit organization and supervisory experience is required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, research software, and CRM database systems; experience with Tessitura preferred. Strong writing, critical thinking, data mining, and organizational skills as well as a keen attention to detail are essential. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with philanthropy in the Los Angeles area.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
COMPENSATION Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating paid vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays. Full-time employees receive full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, it has entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. As Center Theatre Group enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists-while making Los Angeles a global destination for theatre lovers and creators alike.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you're the best person for this job and be sure to include your resume.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online