CBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industryâ€™s most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
Overview & Responsibilities:
CBS is seeking an experienced Director of Communications who will play a key role in drafting, editing and managing distribution of a wide range of communications, both external and internal. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Communications. The ideal candidate will be a leader with experience managing a team; a fast and accurate writer; and an organized and thoughtful editor. Responsibilities include managing the development of the editorial group, writing and editing press releases, strategizing and executing internal communications, and overseeing the publication of the Company newsletter. Preferred candidates will have experience working in a newsroom environment (journalistic or corporate) with tight deadlines. Experience working with senior executives a plus.
include but are not limited to:
• Draft and/or edit press releases, divisional updates, PowerPoint presentations and internal memos for CBS senior executives.
• Coordinate accurate distribution of internal memos and other communications.
• Edit press releases and oversee distribution/calendar of releases for the following divisions:
• CBS â€œcorporate,â€ CBS Entertainment, CBS News, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Television Stations, CBS Media Ventures (first-run syndication) and CBS-branded digital platforms.
• Coordinate with Paramount on release scheduling
• Oversee publication of â€œCBS Update,â€ our bi-monthly employee newsletter:
• Create and maintain an editorial calendar with pieces that cover all divisions of CBS
• Coordinate pitches and assign pieces to writers
• Edit all stories
• Manage approvals from stakeholders for individual stories as well as layout of issue
• Maintain distribution list
• Build relationships across divisions and collaborate with internal teams.
• Write, edit and maintain executive bios, show descriptions and talent bios and oversee maintenance of our media website Press Express.
• 5 years of relevant experience at a network or media organization or similar experience in a newsroom.
• Fluency in Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent writing/editing skills are key.
• Strong communication, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Motivated self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt is critical.
• Experience with Salesforce/Marketing Cloud a plus.