Director, Digital Marketing & Partnerships
CBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/27/2021 6:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Digital Marketing & Partnerships jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Digital Marketing & Partnerships postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Digital Marketing & Partnerships?
Full Time Job
CBS Marketing Strategy is looking for a Director, Digital Marketing & Partnerships to help accelerate growth of CBS News Digital, including the leading 24/7 streaming news service, CBSN, and CBSNews.com. Our ideal candidate is a digital native with experience and relationships working with various OTT, SVOD, AVOD and vMVPD platforms, is passionate about the news industry, has strong analytical skills, and is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• The Director, Digital Marketing & Partnerships will employ proven tactics and new innovative approaches to acquire new users, on partner platforms and deepen the engagement with existing users across the CBS News suite of digital products, including connected TV devices, mobile, and desktop.
• Own day-to-day partner relationships, including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple, Samsung TV , Hulu, Vizio, Android TV, and Xumo TV, and onboard new partner relationships as they develop.
• Oversee the development and execution of campaigns that support breaking news, tentpole events, original programming and support product launches.
• The ideal candidate has expertise in paid media partnerships on OTT and digital platforms with a track record of success growing digital video revenue using measurement tactics and analytical skills.
• The role supports a unique combination of digital growth disciplines including audience development, partnerships, distribution, and newsletters.
• This role is responsible for using data and marketing technology to drive increased video consumption across partner platforms.
• Immerse yourself in the CBS News Digital editorial content team to identify priorities and strategize marketing opportunities (in collaboration with entire News Marketing team).
• Own day-to-day partner relationships, including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple, Samsung TV , Hulu, Vizio, Android TV, and Xumo TV.
• Work closely with design team on creative direction of partner assets and house-ads.
• Work with the News Marketing Strategy team to create robust, cross-platform marketing strategies for shows, products and the overall CBS News brand.
• Collaborate with News Marketing team to develop, execute, and optimize 360 organic and paid marketing campaigns for breaking news, tentpole events and originals.
• Conceptualize and implement optimization strategies to meet and exceed video stream volume and ROI targets.
• Launch campaigns and provide meticulous reporting and data-driven optimization recommendations.
• Implement performance acquisition campaigns to drive installs, unique viewers and streams on cbsnews.com, CBSN and the CBS News app.
• Strategize and coordinate with internal cross-company team to prioritize support of news programming across ViacomCBS properties.
• Create weekly review decks to update senior management and adjacent teams on media campaign KPIs, key learnings, and recommendations for future projects.
• Collaborate with the appropriate News teams to develop a win-back campaign for newsletters.
• Manage newsletters specifically related to promotional campaigns for big news events.
• Partnership Distribution: Grow distribution across key digital partnerships and OTT partners.
• Drive partner campaign optimization by testing new techniques, analyzing performance data, and shifting resources to top performing campaign elements. Communicate learnings on a regular basis across functional teams.
• Launch campaigns to drive video streams, app installs, and increased visit frequency across platforms.
• Drive brand awareness and digital distribution of CBS News Digital originals.
• Manage the monthly marketing budget to support mobile app install, audience development and partner promotions.
• Stay abreast of new marketing opportunities on partner platforms and industry trends related to performance marketing.
• Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus
• 7 years marketing experience required
• Experience leading and managing cross functional teams
• Experience overseeing internal and external creative and media buying teams and agencies.
• Track record of demonstrating strong relationship building, interpersonal and cross-functional team partnership skills
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely