Broadcast Associate - Soccer
Broadcast Associate - Soccer (Freelance)
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount , including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount . CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
The Broadcast Associate will be responsible for a variety of production responsibilities to support our studio coverage. Responsibilities include coordinating graphics on studio shows, as well as sport specific research, especially UEFA Champions & Europa League, Serie A and Concacaf. The Broadcast Associate will also be involved with obtaining, organizing, and logging video footage for use in shows and other production elements.
This is a Freelance position.
• Graphics/Font Coordinator on studio shows across our various soccer properties
• Consistently looking for newsworthy events related to all our soccer properties
• Collaborating on high-end graphic and visual ideas for talent and studio coverage
• Some travel as needed
• Creating graphics, storylines and breaking news for our soccer coverage
• Hands-on experience producing a variety of sporting events (control room experience a plus)
• Must be aware of the entire soccer landscape and be able to think outside the box visually
• High knowledge of soccer, both internationally and domestically
• Able to work under tight deadlines and handle a high-pressure environment
• Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and within a teamwork environment
• Bilingual abilities are a plus
• 0-2 years of experience in Sports
• Bachelor's Degree preferred