Paid Intern - Investigative
CBS Television StationsChicago, IL
Full Time Paid Internship
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A unique learning opportunity for 2018/2019 college students interested in pursuing a career in TV News; interns will gain valuable exposure and experience in the Investigative Unit.
NEWS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
• Interns in Investigative do legal research, in-depth pre-interviewing, document searches, general research and tape logging. They will also have the opportunity to accompany producers and reporters in the field.
• Intern will be side by side with news department professionals, learning their craft and gaining valuable experience and knowledge.
• Each internship will be for approximately 3 months/1 semester. Candidates who are selected must be enrolled in college. This is a paid internship.
• The Internship will be considered ''at will'' employees and the Program can end at any time during each three/six month period at the station's sole discretion.
Results-Oriented, Dependable, Detail-Oriented, Courteous
Only those individuals who are highly motivated need apply.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Currently seeking a Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in Journalism or Communications.
• Strong social media and writing skills are preferred.
• Participation in college radio/TV stations/newspapers, magazines and websites will be taken into account.
• Previous internship or newsroom experience is very helpful.
• Excellent communication and computer skills are necessary.
• Computer Assisted Reporting skills including database mining, basic analysis and spreadsheet creation are especially appreciated.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled