Paid Intern - Accounting
CBS Studios InternationalAmsterdam, NH
Full Time Paid Internship
We are currently looking for an Intern for our Accounting department based at our EMEA Headquarters in Amsterdam. Are you an undergraduate student seeking to gain immediate hands-on experience in a multinational business environment? Are you looking for a challenging workplace where you can surpass yourself beyond your comfort zone, and develop into a successful young professional?
Working with CBS gives you many opportunities to develop your personal and professional skills. Be assured you will not face the challenge alone! Being part of our business team means you will receive on-going support, feedback and training whilst identifying professional development opportunities.
About the team:
• The Intern accounting will primarily support the accounting team in a broad range of areas and as well, on ad hoc tasks, the Tax and Contract admin teams.
• The accounting team interacts with many other functions in the Business, such as HR, Tax, VAT, Treasury, FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) as well as with the other teams. This internship therefore offers a degree of exposure to the different aspects of accounting in a matrix multinational environment.
The Accounting team is responsible for 15 legal entities in 7 European countries. It supports USGAAP and country-specific accounting requirements for a €1 Billion plus of turnover. The intern accounting can get involved in a wide range of areas, including:
• Statutory accounting
• Monthly closings
• Purchase to Pay cycle support
• Maintain and develop relationships with other departments
• Involvement in financial projects e.g. liquidations, disposals, cleaning backlogs, acquisitions
• Involvement in compliance, operational and IT projects
• Support entities with accounting related issues
• Maintain trackers related to finance, tax advisors and legal advisors, account reconciliations
• Support financial audit planning
• Support Account reconciliations cycle
• Balance sheet reviews
• STAT-to-GAAP reconciliations
• Monthly/Quarterly financial close and P&L reviews
• Ad-hoc requests
The Accounting intern is/has:
• A self-starter, focused on prioritise & meeting deadlines
• Flexible and energetic with a hands on mentality
• Good communication skills
• A can-do approach to problem solving
• An open mind and is client focused
• Fluent in written and oral English (other European languages preferred)
• Currently studying accounting or finance
• Diplomacy, the ability to communicate effortlessly on all levels within the organization and has a high degree of flexibility
• Excellent in MS Office, ability to learn new skills in Access, Excel and financial & operational systems