Assistant To Head Of Government Relations
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an Assistant for the Office of the General Counsel to support our Head of Government Relations. The Assistant should be proactive and detail-oriented. This role manages the overall office for a highly busy, in-house government relations executive and must be comfortable working with individuals in a variety of roles both within and outside of the agency. A minimum of one-year commitment is required.
Provide administrative support to the Government Relations Executive in the Office of the General Counsel, including answering multiple phone lines, heavy calendar management, booking travel, etc. The Assistant will provide research and documentation on local, state and federal matters and keep abreast with all global changes that relate to the entertainment industry. This desk does not involve in reading scripts or dealing directly with talent, but rather a focus on coordinating meetings with federal, state and local policy makers and key staff, and will serve as both an internal and external liaison for Government Affairs.
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred
• 1 or more years of relevant administrative experience within the entertainment industry
• Prior agency experience is preferred
• Government affairs, elected official or government services experience is preferred
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Possess the ability to pay close attention to detail
• Excellent research and documentation skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Internet and MS Outlook Suite
• Knowledge and/ or experience in FiscalNote is a plus
• Strong follow-up and project management skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced / team oriented department
Please provide complete and legible information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally -recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.