Assistant, Strategic Client Advisory
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
We are looking for an Assistant to support the Head of the Strategic Client Advisory group in Los Angeles, which focuses primarily on deal structure, content strategy, and analysis.
The ideal candidate has a passion for film and television, is interested in learning about deal structure, is a self-starter, and possesses a desire to gain exposure to the business and legal aspects of the entertainment industry. Additionally, the Assistant is capable of handling a high volume of administrative tasks with ability to clearly communicate with the team, clients, other agents, peers, etc.
Administrative duties include handling phones, calendar management, and general office management. Track contracts, and maintain data on deals, studio release calendars, market share files, and any other information needed to best serve our clients. Serve as the first point of contact with clients and executives. Assist with special projects as needed.
• 10 months + of professional working experience in an administrative or project management capacity.
• Ability to work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines, balance multiple projects and expectations, and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities.
• Strong communication skills: written and verbal.
• Attention to detail, follow-up, and strong organizational skills are a requirement.
• Strong interpersonal skills, while maintaining confidentiality is a must.
• Adept at quickly learning new processes, technology, and ability to become familiar with existing systems.
• Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite and in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Microsoft Access is a plus.
• Familiarity with film, television or other entertainment contracts is helpful, but not required.
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.