Video Producer, Beauty / Lifestyle
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed Media Brands is looking for an inspired, collaborative, and resourceful Video Producer with a passion for creating Beauty and Lifestyle content to work full-time out of our brand-spanking-new Hollywood campus. Reporting to a Supervising Producer, you will collaborate across a team of Producers in LA and NY to create compelling, shareable, service-oriented content for the web and other digital platforms. BuzzFeed's media brands, AS/IS and Ladylike, are flourishing digital destinations that offers advice, humor and support for millennial women.
You are a native of the digital and pop cultural landscapes with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media and emerging technology/platforms. You love to experiment with short, fun formats that succinctly tell a story - whether it's a top-down DIY or a more narrative project. You should have good social intuition, love making content without having to be in front of a camera, and know how to trust data to crack success.
• Conceive, shoot, write, edit and produce at least three videos a month for AS/IS, and at least one for Ladylike, across social channels, as well as emerging platforms
• Create videos that help maximize revenue by increasing the output of our current channels, while also creating quality content that exemplifies the voice of the brands and that our audience loves
• Lead special projects such as YouTube Lives, brainstorm on past successes and strategize on ways to push the boundary with video formats
• Collaborate with and manage a junior producer, tracking their performance and also working with them as a producing partner
• Proven interest in covering a variety of lifestyle topics including beauty, health, fashion, lifestyle and women's issues
• 3-5 years experience creating compelling, shareable video content
• Professional experience in live television or digital production, preferably both
• Experience with all aspects of video creation and editing (DSLR's, Premiere Pro, lighting, audio recording etc.)
• A passion for lifestyle content that's entertaining and inclusive, but never prescriptive
• Data-driven mindset with the ability to think analytically about social sharing to create shareable, viral content
• Collaborative instincts and the ability to work on quick-turnaround projects
• A positive, curious personality
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position and what excites you about BuzzFeed Video. We'd also like you to share 3-5 links to AS/IS or Ladylike videos published within the last year that you think did really well, and explain why, and also what things you think BuzzFeed Video could be doing that we aren't.
• Attach a resume along with a link to your portfolio or relevant work
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.