BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Freelance Video Editor for its Original Series department. You will work closely the creative producers and post production team editing long form video content. You will have experience and a passion for narrative content, digital formats and platforms and loves thinking outside the box.
• End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
• Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from producers and clients
• Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
• Stay totally organized in and adhere to internal SOPs for project naming conventions
• Collaborate with the Post-Production team to flag and communicate any watch outs with the shoot and scope of creative.
• Excellent communication, positive attitude for a variety of different projects
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite as well as 3rd party software
• Experienced knowledge of Post workflow (codecs, cameras, formats)
• Passion / knowledge for editing theory
• Ability to design and lay in gfx/vfx
• Ability to balance and grade video in premiere
• Ability to mix and level audio in premiere
• 3 years experience working in a fast paced professional environment
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication or related field
• Ability to follow workflow guidelines and naming conventions
• Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment and adapt to change
• Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
• No formal cover letters, please. Attach your resume with a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position.
• Share 3-5 samples of work you've edited or current reel.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.