Video Editor, Bring Me
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed Video is seeking a full time video editor for Bring Me. This position will work closely with a group of video producers on content related to awesome travel spots and awe-inspiring experiences. A successful candidate will have experience and a passion for travel and narrative content, digital formats, and loves thinking outside the box.
This is a full-time assignment based in our Los Angeles office.
• Edit and package target output videos for Facebook and Youtube, as delegated by their manager
• Focus on longer form, narrative-style travel content for Youtube, with the addition of shorter versions for Facebook
• Track and manage status of many projects at once,
• Receive and process footage from the New York team and other International teams
• Organize and keep track of all footage on master drives
• Collaborate with creative team and managers
• Work with assistant editors to enable an efficient workflow
• Archive all footage appropriately and in a timely manner
• Create quick and effective sizzle reels, plus any video that is useful for the growth of the franchise
• Occasionally go on Bring Me shoots around LA (camera experience a major plus)
• Coordinate post production for many different projects
• Develop an increased role in the notes process
• Potential to manage an expanded post-production team down the line
• 2-3 years of video editing work for cutting unscripted or narrative content for web
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator Media Encoder
• Shooting experience is ideal
• Solid After Effects and graphics experience - ability to adjust assets, create maps for videos, animate logos, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of color correction
• Experience in producing, editing, and creating video/online branded content for similar online media or entertainment brand
• Takes notes with enthusiasm
• Strong background in conceptual, creatively strategic, and visual thinking
• Ability to rapidly execute in an environment with tight timelines
• Agile with changing timelines and deliverables, comfortable dropping things at a moments notice to get timely projects done
• Great time management skills - must be able to work on multiple projects at once while getting notes on others
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Takes initiative rather than being reactionary, comes up with creative solutions to problems and then makes them happen
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.