Summer Intern - Photography
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Do you love photography? Have you developed a speciality within photography? Do you love the internet? Do you love to learn? The BuzzFeed Creative department needs a hard-working Photo intern for a full-time paid position in the New York office for the summer semester. We are looking for someone with a passion for photography, who has taken that passion and honed in on developing it. The ideal person is also interested in learning the ropes of a fast-paced business environment.
• Assisting with daily photo requests and photo research.
• Helping the photo department to expand their network of contributors.
• Collaborating with the Creative department on photo-based posts.
• Working with the Creative team to come up with creative solutions to illustrate posts.
• Opportunity to shoot/assist with photo assignments.
• Assist BuzzFeed photo producers with production of photoshoots including finding/creating props, models, hair stylists and make up artists.
• Help organize, categorize and collect props for our extensive prop room
• Assist in lighting set up and studio organization.
• Retouching images
• Current student seeking a Bachelors degree (or higher) - preferably with a focus in photography
• Overall eagerness and enthusiasm.
• An interest in current events, pop culture, food, DIY projects and social media. Or some combination
• Understanding of studio and natural lighting
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
• Degree or course of study in Photography.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines.
• Great communication skills and a talent for collaboration.
• A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters).
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.