Studio Production Lead
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and experienced production leader to develop the Production Operations of BuzzFeed's growing video department on our new Hollywood campus. You will report to the Head of BuzzFeed Studios and lead a team responsible for all aspects of production with our global original scripted and unscripted programming.
You will lead the physical production function for original scripted and unscripted programming at BuzzFeed Studios in partnership with outside distributors. You will oversee all aspects of content production start-finish, including locations, planning, crew staffing, scheduling, budgeting, production and post-production. You will develop vendor and staff/crew relations, oversee budgets and ensure best practices from pre-production through delivery.
In addition to managing the daily operations of third-party productions, the Studio Production Lead will collaborate with the creative team, ensuring the best possible production process with all parties. You will help size budgetary requests during the pitch process as well as own any greenlight-to-air asks from partners. You will collaborate with Finance, Legal, Business Affairs, Creative, Engineering, external production teams, as well as producing partners/third parties on managing workflows and timelines while maximizing budget.
• Serve as Production Executive on our internal shows, BuzzFeed Studios' digital series, working with our Production teams to ensure everything runs smoothly
• Strategic leadership of Physical Production teams, including management of series and feature productions
• Manage communication and regular reporting to team members and external clients on all high priority BuzzFeed Studios production budgets, schedules, and delivery
• Collaborate with all internal support departments including Creative, Content Operations, Risk/Safety Management, Security, Insurance, Legal, Accounting, PR, Marketing, and Social
• Review creative and establish budgets from pre-production through finishing and delivery
• Oversee all aspects of scripted and unscripted production and establish systems to keep productions running smoothly, on time, and within budget for BuzzFeed Studios
• Identify and curate/maintain essential vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues and work with legal to negotiate contractual terms of engagement
• 8 years experience with series production in the field and on a network/studio level; scripted or feature experience preferred
• Strong comfort level overseeing several projects from development through delivery in a quick-turnaround environment
• Familiar with the current technology and workflows for HD and 4K, single cam and multi-cam
• Understanding of the television production process and working familiarity with entertainment guilds and unions for film and TV including SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, and IATSE
• Access to a long roster of high-quality vendors and talent worldwide
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically, as well as respond after hours for urgent matters
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting and Google suite
• BA/BS Degree preferred
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.