Studio Operations Technical Lead
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Studio Operations Technical Lead coordinates the coverage of stage management, maintenance, & order fulfillment. As a critical member of Studio Operations, their duties include on-the-ground execution of tasks as well as ensuring all stage support administration is complete.
The goal of the Studio Operations team is to ensure smooth and easy processes for all things related to the BuzzFeed Studio Lot. The team is data-driven and looks to regularly assess and develop efficiency standards for lot operations. The Studio Tech Lead/Chief will play a vital role in the implementation of a streamlined process as part of the Studio Tech team reporting directly to the Sr. Studio Operations Manager.
• Responsible for executing diagnosis, maintenance, repair, build, install/delivery of various studio tasks. Including, but not limited to:
• Coordinating planning and delivery of production-specific stage elements such as electrical rigging, power provisions, and stage flips
• Leading support and coordination of stage load-ins, specialty tech needs, strike, and storage stage & tech assets - Efficiently working through maintenance and technical issues that may come up
• Providing consultation support on studio resources and services for stage bookings
• Performing general and miscellaneous tasks for studio facilities
• Attending and serve as studio expert on Tech Scouts for in-house and third party users of the studio lot
• Performing daily walkthroughs to ensure the upkeep of stages and studio resources
• Organizing daily agenda for tech services on stages and reporting on stage flips, adjustments and developments
• Performing safety orientations for all the users of the studio lot regarding stage and resource use, including new hires
• Performing monthly inventory and supply counts; organize procurement requests for re-supply
• Assisting Sr. Studio Ops Mgr with reporting the circulation of studio workflows & resources
• Familiarity with:
• Set operations from pre-prod. to production to post-prod.
• Production equipment: camera, lighting, audio, & accessories
• Stage electric/power: supplies, sources, routing, controls, & safety
• Rigging techniques: equipment, counterbalance needs, & safety
• Special effects practices: pyro, stunts, green screen, rigs, & safety
• Set safety regulations: In line with legal, union, and commercial requirements
• General tools/ hardware
• Training and understanding of safety practices
• Familiarity with inventory and project management software
• Experience with all technical elements, including lighting and sound
• Immaculate time management
• At least 3 years of set operations experience
• Able to lift 50 lbs unencumbered and unassisted
• Valid driver's license and personal vehicle (to be used for business use only, mileage reimbursement offered)
• Familiar with Microsoft Office (namely Office & Excel), Google Office Suite
• Technical certifications/training in, but not limited to: aerial lifts/scaffolding, stunts, pyrotechnics, rigging, special effects, general electrical work
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.