Social Publishing Coordinator, Youtube
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for someone with an understanding and love of web culture, digital media, and online video to help take our social publishing game to the next level.
We're looking for someone with a passion for social media content and digital publishing to assist our social publishing team with optimizing our video content and audience engagement for YouTube channels featuring content from shows and networks like Today, Bravo, and E!. You have a background in digital and social media, be excited by analytics, have a deep understanding of YouTube, and have an accessible and responsive working style.
You should also understand and summarize how and why certain pieces of content blow up - where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
Reporting to our Senior Social Media Strategist and collaborating with a small team of YouTube content strategists, you'll work in Los Angeles, on our new Hollywood campus.
• Assist with daily scheduling of video content across multiple YouTube channels
• Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple YouTube channels and assist with comment moderation
• Create bingeable playlists for our audience on YouTube
• Collaborate with the social team to help with daily tasks on YouTube
• At least one year of experience working on social strategy for a large YouTube audience
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect performance
• Understanding and love of the digital landscape
• Knowledge of the YouTube, Facebook, and other platform ecosystems and best practices
• Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Reddit user
• Exceptionally strong writing, organizational and communication skills
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.