Production Operations Manager
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for a Production Operations Manager who will work with all Production and Post Production teams to ensure that procedures, protocols, and requirements are being met and adhered to in a manner that is dedicated, collaborative, and cost-effective.
Reporting to the Director, Production Operations, you will implement production process/workflows for Pre-Production through Post-Production across BuzzFeed. You'll ensure production budgets are realistic and achievable, and will closely monitor actuals for both internal and external productions. This role creates meaningful metrics and weekly reporting for the Head of Branded Creative and Director, Production Operations to help inform overall business and budget decisions.
• Develop meaningful metrics, via reporting and tracking tools, to proactively inform senior leadership in making budget decisions
• Monitor production spend, evaluate overage requests, and propose recommendations for budget changes to meet internal targets
• Analyze and negotiate budgets submitted by external Producers/Production Companies
• Assess production risks, raise issues proactively and work with Director, Production Ops to problem solve
• Source, evaluate, and recommend potential Production Companies and Line Producers for future use
• Partner with Finance/Production Accounting to track actuals and identify trends across projects
• Promote and support collaboration between Production, Post-Production, Casting, Studio Ops, Legal, Accounting, Facilities, Freelancers, outside vendors, etc.
• Develop, iterate, and maintain production processes, best practices and procedure improvements
• 6 years of experience in physical production management at a major media company, network or studio
• Strong knowledge in all aspects of physical production, from pre-production through delivery, including music, VFX, 4K, and HDR delivery
• Deep experience with production budgets, crew rates, union rates/rules, tax incentives, production locations, post facilities, and market trends
• Extensive relationships with ATL and BTL crew, vendors, and specialty vendors (domestic and international)
• Mastery in MovieMagic Budgeting, Scheduling, Google Docs, Word and Excel
• A passion for developing nimble systems and tools to help manage production processes and workflows
• Strong ability to professionally evaluate and resolve difficult or complex issues with Client, Creative, Talent, and freelancers
• Very experienced in troubleshooting technical and extraordinary production logistics
• Robust experience with legal and licensing procedures and guidelines
• Experience with insurance workflow, implementing safety protocol, and injury prevention
• Strong ability to professionally provide, receive, and implement positive and essential feedback
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.