Production Coordination Resident
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a resourceful Production Coordination Resident for their NY Office. This Resident will not make content, but rather work within the Production Department to support the operations and coordination for Video in NY.
This position is a 1 year, approximately 40 hours per week residency based in our New York office.
• Support the production department and coordinators with operational needs
• Update and communicate daily production schedules and shoot support
• Oversee intern scheduling and tasks
• Oversee and maintain upkeep of studios, shoot spaces, and props
• Process editorial video expenses for accounting
• Support video producers and staff with shoot set up, camera & sound support, DIT, and equipment breakdowns
• Support video producers with prop orders and runs
• Assist the equipment team with check ins/check outs and equipment cage/studio operations
• Assist production team with researching potential shooting locations, permits, and releases
• On set, hands-on experience with camera, sound, grip, and electric
• 2 years production experience
• Experience with Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Scenechronize or comparable budgeting and scheduling software
• Experience seeing a task through all stages until completion
• A genuine interest in what makes content shareable and viral
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.