BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed News is seeking an experienced Producer with strong editorial judgement for its live Twitter morning show. Successful candidates have a proven track record of delivering compelling visual content and an ability to approach interviews in a unique fashion. The ideal Producer has a strong command of how news breaks and spreads on social media. Candidates must be detail-oriented, critical thinkers with an ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Leading production on 1-2 segments daily, taking responsibility for the final product that makes it to air.
- Taking leadership of larger long-term projects outside the scope of the daily show.
- Identifying, researching and developing stories and guest interviews that lead to news-making moments.
- Writing compelling scripts and compiling highly detailed research for talent
- Fill a role in the control room during the live show.
- Working with hosts, bookers and newsroom reporters on trending content and guests.
- Collaborating with curation teams on social videos.
- 5-7 years experience in news or digital media.
- Prior experience at a Producer level.
- Experience producing Political and Celebrity interviews.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package,
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.