Manager, Development (Unscripted Tv)
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is seeking a creative executive with proven experience in unscripted TV development to join our Los Angeles team as Manager, Development (Unscripted TV). Working with the Head of BuzzFeed Studios and the development executive team, you will identify, develop and produce high-performing series. Our Development Manager will be extremely knowledgeable on both sides of the creative/business practice in launching projects from ideation to execution. S/he will have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of development and production across unscripted tv formats, from story ideation to budget and casting to field production, post-production and delivery.
- Develop show ideas and create decks and presentations for pitches
- Partner with internal teams and divisions to develop and package show ideas across all unscripted/reality formats (talk, docu-series, game shows, etc.)
- Assist in overseeing current programming with producing partners and networks
- Continue to develop a library of ideas that align with BuzzFeed's strategic objectives
- Collaborate with other BuzzFeed divisions, including Sales & Marketing, Social and Analytics, to ensure content in development ladders up to BuzzFeed's revenue and marketing goals
- Closely monitor and stay abreast of content-related industry evolutions and advancements, with an eye to what's trending next
- 3-5 years' experience, with demonstrated success in unscripted TV development at a production company and/or network
- A deep network of contacts across the entertainment industry with a verifiable track record of project sales
- Experience across digital, TV and film and a strong understanding of content creation for a diverse audience across multiple platforms
- Ability to work in small teams as well as work independently
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances.
As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in NY and LA!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality and humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online