Full Time Job
We are looking for Legal Counsel to join our team in London to provide advice to BuzzFeed's editorial and commercial departments in the UK and other territories. Dynamic, industrious and enthusiastic lawyers with PQE in media and privacy, or commercial law should apply. You will report to the Global Compliance and Privacy Lead and Associate General Counsel (UK).
Editorial and privacy lawyer
• Pre-publication review
• Copyright and trademark advice
• Litigation and dispute handling
• Data Protection advice
• Media law training
• Contract drafting and review of a variety of commercial agreements, including technology, vendor (including DPAs), license, advertising, business development, marketing, real estate, facilities and other commercial and operational contracts.
• Copyright and trademark advice
• Contract training
• Compliance advice and training: Privacy, Marketing, Advertising, Bribery & Corruption, Competition law etc
• Employment advice
• Data privacy training
• IP training
• Must be a UK-qualified attorney with PQE at a law firm or in-house legal department
• Knowledge and experience of data protection legislation in editorial/commercial areas is required.
• (For editorial lawyer) pre-publication review of news content and intellectual property experience is required.
• (For commercial lawyer) contract law and technology law experience, whether in a commercial contracts or transactional context, and experience of drafting and negotiating DPAs, is required. Internet marketing, advertising, and regulatory law experience a plus.
• A practical, business-oriented approach to providing recommendations and guidance tempered by an appreciation of legal complexity and risk.
• Ability to manage a varied workload and deadlines within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position.
• Attach a resume
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats, and more!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.