BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for an entertainment attorney to partner with the creative development and business teams in our Los Angeles office. We are looking for a self-motivated, business-minded attorney to grow with our entertainment practice.
BuzzFeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive compensation, benefits, and a stock option program.
• Support BuzzFeed's creative development and production teams to structure, negotiate and draft a wide variety of domestic and international media and entertainment-related agreements, primarily focused on talent, distribution, production and other related deals
• Support BuzzFeed's business units in drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including licensing, advertising, business development, marketing, events, and other commercial and operational contracts
• Provide practical advice and solutions to internal business partners on legal matters affecting BuzzFeed
• Thrive in new and developing areas of the law, tempered by an appreciation of legal complexity and risk assessment
• 4-6 years of related entertainment, and transactional experience, including direct experience negotiating and drafting talent, distribution, production, shopping, and other video, television, and film deals
• Practical knowledge of the digital, TV, and film industries
• Be able to prioritize and manage workload and meet deadlines within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
• A willingness to tackle matters in and outside areas of expertise with a can-do, flexible attitude, understanding that no job is too big or too small
• Intellectual property knowledge a plus
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.