Legal Affairs Manager
Full Time Job
We have an opening for a Legal Affairs Manager in our London office. We are looking for someone who is business-minded, organised and self-motivated with prior experience as a paralegal or similar relevant experience and an interest in technology, media and privacy law. This position will report to: Global Compliance and Privacy Lead and Associate General Counsel (UK).
Data privacy and compliance
• Responses in relation to exercise of data rights by data subjects
• Management of data privacy and compliance queries from other BuzzFeed teams
• Implementation of data privacy policies
• Data privacy and compliance workstreams
• Maintain data privacy and compliance records
• Maintain list of data processor contracts and DPAs
• Maintain an internal calendar applicable to data privacy and compliance
Media Law, Intellectual Property, Litigation and Dispute Management
• Partner with outside counsel in relation to libel reading, disputes and litigation
• Draft cease and desist letters in IP matters and assisting in the preparation of other dispute-related correspondence
• Partner with photo and video teams on image rights and licenses
• Maintain internal departmental calendar applicable to dispute-related matters
• Collaborate with US Legal Affairs Manager in relation to US-maintained contract database
• With lawyer support, dealing with issues relating to post-execution deliverables
• Maintain organized electronic files for ongoing contract negotiations
• With lawyer support, draft, revise and negotiate NDAs and other simple commercial agreements
• Deal with questions about signing authority
• Process legal supplier invoices and dealing with follow up queries from legal suppliers and BuzzFeed's billing team
• Process expenses
• Travel arrangements
• Meeting arrangements
• Renewal of practising certificates for lawyers in the team
• Ordering resources
• A degree, with previous experience as a Paralegal. This may have been acquired at a law firm, or in-house
• Regulatory experience in privacy, marketing or advertising is desirable.
• Media law, Intellectual Property and contract experience is desirable.
• A practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and thrive in a fast-paced environment, tempered by an appreciation of legal complexity and risk
• Ability to manage a varied workload and deadlines within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
• Experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position.
• Attach a resume
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats, and more!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.