Lead Creative, Partner Innovation
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for an idea person to support BuzzFeed's Partner Innovation team.
You read that right. An idea person. You will lead in the ideation and creation of first-to-market marketing proposals for BuzzFeed's partner brands, drawing on the numerous disciplines within BuzzFeed's Commerce division including Affiliate, Experiential, Licensing, Innovation, Operations, and Design to develop and pitch 360 campaign-level concepts that go from inspiration to point of sale.
This position is based in our New York office, reporting directly to our Head of Partner Innovation. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
Develop Marketing Solutions beyond Media
• Concept never-been-tried before, out of the box, and first-to-market concepts to help BuzzFeed's brand-partners break through the clutter, connecting with millennial audiences well beyond BuzzFeed.
• Collaborate and ideate with the Head of Partner Innovation in the creation of proactive and strategic new proposals for potential partners.
• Partner with sales in client meetings in selling through BuzzFeed Partner Innovation solutions and strategy.
• Ensure feasibility of execution by vetting proper approvals through appropriate internal teams.
• Serve as the client's primary point of contact for the execution of the program.
• Coordinate and take an active role in meetings with internal partners and external clients.
• Develop materials (decks) to pitch ideas and present to internal and external stakeholders.
• Minimum 5 years experience working in a creative at either an brand/creative agency or product company.
• Demonstrate a high level of creativity, willingness to experiment, and track record of ideas that win.
• Display a high level of entrepreneurial spirit, understanding business objectives, and models enough to help uncover opportunities.
• Must be self-motivated, driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Communicates clearly and effectively through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Keynote, and Google Docs. Optional: Photo editing software of some sort.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.