Junior Video Producer, Celeb
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed Video's Celeb Team is looking for a Junior Video Producer with a deep knowledge of celebrity culture and entertainment to pitch, produce and edit videos that feature celebrities, influencers, and external talent. You'll report the the Celebrity Video Lead in New York and will collaborate with other Celeb Video Producers and Celebrity Editorial Leads. You should have lightning-fast turnaround times on video edits, the ability to juggle many different video projects at a time, and work well with different personality types. You are a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, celebrity news, and emerging technology/platforms. You also have a background in independent video production and an obsession with creating shareable, viral content.
• Film videos with celebrity talent both in-studio and on-site at press junkets
• Produce quick-turnaround videos, and keep up with a production schedule of 4-6 YouTube videos per month
• Quickly edit videos for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
• Create new formats and ideas, iterating on successes and brainstorming fun content with talent
• Assist with last-minute shoots and packaging content for social channels
• Collaborate with the celeb team (coordinators, writers, video producers) to produce video projects
• Communicate and analyze your wins and failures to create more viral video content
• An insatiable love for celebrity, influencer, and internet culture
• Experience working with talent and shooting celebrity content
• 1-3 years of experience with video production, DSLR Cameras, lighting, editing, and producing content for a major media organization
• A solid understanding of project timelines
• A deep understanding of YouTube, Instagram, and other social platforms
• Experience running a full video shoot (pre-pro, audio, lighting, directing etc.)
• High-level proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop)
• High emotional intelligence to give and receive constructive feedback in a small team environment
• Strong comfort level working solo as well as in small teams
• A positive, curious, fun-loving disposition
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. Please also include 2-4 pitches for celeb/influencer-centric videos that you would be interested in producing for the BuzzFeed Celeb YouTube channel.
• Attach a resume
• Share 2-3 samples of videos you've produced and edited yourself (Candidates without video samples will not be considered)
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.