HR Business Partner
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to join our People team in London. This person will provide HR support to BuzzFeed's International business, predominantly the UK and Europe (France, Germany and Spain).
As an HR Business Partner you will need to understand the business so that you can help our managers and leaders with complex challenges and give guidance on People topics. You'll also have the opportunity to be hands-on, working with colleagues to get things done on a variety of People-related areas. As a core part of this hands-on work, you will be rolling out programs to support our employees - including compensation, performance and talent programs.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
• Offer expert HR guidance to managers in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, compensation and rewards, employee relations, and learning and development
• Provide thought leadership regarding organisational and people-related strategy and execution
• Use data insights to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions
• Collaborate with other People team members, leading and executing processes that allow for seamless employee development and People programs
• In partnership with finance and business leadership, maintain employee headcount and assist with metrics reporting
• Complete administrative tasks related to the execution of local HR management including HRIS system updates, maintaining personnel files, etc when needed
• Perform other duties, as assigned
• Prior experience advising clients on HR matters, including the investigation and resolution of complex employee relations matters around grievances and unions
• Experience providing HR support for editorial, sales, marketing and creative functions highly desired
• Must have strong organisational skills with attention to detail
• A self starter who takes initiative and ownership of projects
• Excellent communicator who builds rapport and credibility with others easily
• Team player who thrives in a fast paced and frequently changing environment
• Solid understanding of UK employment law, grievance and disciplinary processes and demonstrates strong HR sensibility and critical thinking
• Experience supporting an international client group a plus
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you'll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.