Audience Development Strategist, Newsletter
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is growing, and we're looking for an Audience Development Strategist to join us on our Newsletter team in our NY office. You will deepen our engagement with our most loyal audience and expand our portfolio of newsletter products by creating smart segmentation strategies, taking BuzzFeed's current list and identifying effective ways to better target editorial content to readers. You will also create a strategic growth plan to continuing growing our newsletter audience.
This job is based in BuzzFeed's Commerce division, located in NYC's Gramercy neighborhood and will report to the Director of Newsletters.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2-3 years in a role focused on audience development, subscriber acquisition, or growth marketing
• Experience with running multiple strategies to acquire high-quality subscribers/users
• Solid understanding of subscriber LTVs and channels that yield optimal conversion
• Knack for growing audiences through various channels including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Sweepstakes, and partnerships
• Solid product intuition and good eye for optimizing conversion on landing pages, CTAs, and marketing copy
• Comfort with running A/B tests, synthesizing data, and making data-driven decisions to optimize conversion
• Familiarity with crucial newsletter audience metrics such as growth, churn, and LTV
• Experience designing and optimizing confirmation funnels and flows
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.