Associate Social Media Strategist - Youtube
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Social Media Strategist, YouTube (contract)
BuzzFeed is looking for an Associate Social Media Strategist to focus on video publishing strategy for some of BuzzFeed's most beloved lifestyle brands on YouTube. Reporting to a Senior Social Media Strategist and collaborating across a bicoastal team in LA and NY, you will use data to inform decisions, and will partner closely with video producers to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across YouTube and more.
You're an exceptional communicator who is enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed. You are excited about digital content and data and understand and summarize how and why certain videos blow up - where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
A passion and knowledge of television shows such as Today and shows on networks including E! and Bravo is a huge plus!
This is a three-month, 40-hour/week, role in our New York office, with the potential to extend and/or convert to a staff role.
• Plan, implement, schedule, publish and analyze video and distributed content releases and schedules across multiple YouTube channels
• Completely and wholly own your projects from a publishing point-of-view; have all the answers (and if you don't, own finding the answer)
• Develop a consultative relationship with partners, including executives
• Schedule and publish videos to some of the biggest brands on YouTube
• Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple YouTube channels and other social media channels
• Be an advisor for new programs and help teams throughout the company crack new content areas and formats.
• Stay informed about issues in workflow or content performance and come up with possible solutions
• Think outside the day-to-day to find creative scalable solutions (i.e.: work smarter not harder)
• Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and influence
• 1 year of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
• Deep knowledge of YouTube platform best practices, ideally YouTube Certified
• Strong understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
• Enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to optimize for essential metrics
• Knowledge of the online video ecosystem, especially YouTube
• Native YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit user
• Strong comfort level responding to a fluctuating workload with a positive attitude and always ready to tackle new challenges!
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. We'd also like you to share 3-5 links to videos posted on a BuzzFeed YouTube channel (published within the last year) that you think did really well and explain why.
• Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
• Attach a resume
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• No shortage of perks like snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.