Associate Social Media Strategist, Youtube
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for an Associate Social Media Strategist to focus on video publishing strategy for some of BuzzFeed's most beloved lifestyle brands on YouTube. You'll report to a Senior Social Media Analyst and collaborate with a team of social strategists. You will use data to inform decisions, and will partner with video producers to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across YouTube and more.
You are passionate about lifestyle publishers like Tasty, As/Is, Nifty, Goodful, and Bring Me and can understand and explain how and why certain videos blow up - where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
We're looking for an accomplished writer who is data obsessed and enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed. A knowledge of and passion for food, home, beauty and style, health and wellness is a major plus!
• Plan, implement, schedule, publish and analyze video and distributed content releases and schedules across multiple YouTube channels.
• Completely and wholly own your programs from a publishing point-of-view; have all the answers (and if you don't, own finding the answer).
• Establish a consultative relationship with team members, including executives.
• Schedule and publish videos to some of the biggest brands on YouTube.
• Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple YouTube channels and other social media channels.
• Be an advisor for new programs to help teams throughout the company crack new content areas and formats.
• Provide creative solutions to workflow or content performance challenges
• Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and influence.
• 1 years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
• Strong interest in food, home, beauty & style, and health & wellness
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
• Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to optimize for essential metrics
• Knowledge of the online video ecosystem, especially YouTube
• Native YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit user
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
• Flexibility to handle to a fluctuating workload with a positive attitude and ready to tackle new challenges!
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. We'd also like you to share 3-5 links to videos posted on a BuzzFeed YouTube channel (published within the last year) that you think did really well and explain why.
• Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
• Attach a resume
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.