BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed's Affiliate marketing team is looking for a junior marketing analyst to help our team with reporting, strategy, and optimization of affiliate content. The role will require daily interactions with our internal teams to provide analytical support and to ensure all members are working to strategically grow the business.
This job is based in BuzzFeed's Commerce division, located in NYC's Gramercy neighborhood and will report to the Head of Affiliate.
• Contribute to the development of a foundational commerce business as a team player
• Analyze sales data across 10 Affiliate Marketing Platforms to ensure success in hitting KPIs and sales goals
• Pull, compile, and manipulate reports in Excel to share across teams daily, weekly, and monthly.
• Translate analytical insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for editorial content and branded marketing content
• Aid in identifying posts for promotion across relevant channels (newsletter, and both organic and paid social)
• Collaborate with other in-house resources to self-educate and spread knowledge, strategy inter-departmentally
• Work closely with the Affiliate Managers to share back performance for paid campaigns
• identify key business drivers and opportunities for improvement through ongoing reporting.
• 1-2 years of work experience, prior merchandising experience a plus
• Understanding of the affiliate media and branded content landscape
• Advanced skills in Excel, specifically VLOOKUPs and Pivot Tables
• Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for storytelling from data
• Basic knowledge of Google Analytics or other performance reporting programs/software a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.