BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed is looking for a freelance adaptions editor to join our social team in Los Angeles, CA. The Freelance Editor will work with the social video team to edit short-form, adapted content.
• Edit 3-5 videos a week repurposing existing video content
• Implement feedback from the Adaptations Lead on time
• Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
• Partner with the adaptations lead to accomplishing existing output goals
• Reframe and compile various existing videos to long-form videos
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
• Must be comfortable with most video codecs and formats
• Baseline knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube
• Interest in social platforms and data
• Must be comfortable working in After Effects, Illustrator
• Must be technical, organized, and creative at the same time
• Experienced in an organization that values deadlines and internet video
• Interest in food, DIY, travel, and wellness a plus
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. We'd also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on Facebook within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful.
• Attach a resume.
• Share 3-5 samples of work you've edited.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.