NYCB Live Community Relations Manager
Brooklyn NetsUniondale, NY
Full Time Job
The Community Relations Manager will organize and lead efforts to represent BSE Global & NYCB LIVE favorably in the community. S/he will create, develop and execute programs focusing on our core pillars: Arts & Education, Military & Veterans, and Health & Wellness. S/he will promote good will and foster relationships with community leaders. The Community Relations Manager will supervise the charitable contributions program of NYCB LIVE and its respective affiliates, including managing the monthly social responsibility programming and fundraising events throughout the year.
S/he will work closely with the Sr. Director, Community Relations and Communications Manager with ideating and placing stories, drafting press releases, and assisting in developing and executing communications strategies. This will include a focus on the NYCB LIVE and Long Island Nets brands, as we stimulate, develop, and manage media coverage, and increase the visibility in the consumer and corporate space. The Community Relations Manager will also be responsible for serving as the media contact onsite for select events at NYCB LIVE.
Brooklyn Nets, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and implement comprehensive community relations strategy to include participation in events and support the research, strategic development, planning and implementation of all Community Relations programs and events as assigned;
• Organize fundraising activities and building the presence of the NYCB LIVE foundation in the community;
• Develop and maintain effective, proactive relationships with community organizations and grantees to meet the company's philanthropic goals, as well as position the company as a strong community partner;
• Assist with the planning, coordination and implementation of community initiatives, focusing on; Arts & Education, Military & Veterans, and Health & Wellness;
• Develop initiatives, cause marketing campaigns and collaborations with BSE Global programming partners to promote a consistently positive image of the company and its events & shows;
• Partner closely with Communications to promote events and the company's strategic philanthropic outreach programs;
• Support media operations during select NYCB LIVE events, including concerts, sporting events, and family entertainment;
• Responsible for administering meetings with multiple departments (partnership marketing, venue marketing, communications, external relations, Long Island Nets) to increase promotional reach, media exposure, and fan engagement for all community programs;
• Collaborate with local programmers and community-based organizations to ensure maximum positive exposure; leverage PSAs and other assets to enhance company profile;
• Coordinate Community Donations program while maintaining all databases and correspondence;
• Supervise the charitable contributions program including but not limited to coordination of the approval process, screening of requests for financial support, and directing the disbursement of funds;
• Manage NYCB LIVE's ticket donation and distribution program;
• Coordinates activities and liaise with external community affairs organizations;
Education and/or Experience
• 2-4 years of experience in community relations or foundations, preferably sports or entertainment industry;
• Bachelor's degree required;
• A passion for community service, and a broad knowledge of non-profit organizations on Long Island;
• Must have an uncompromised ability to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others and company documents and records;
• Must have a proven history of successful foundation fundraising and management background;
• Keen attention to detail, strong conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills;
• Flexible and reliable standout colleague, always acting in the best interest of their department and the company as a whole;
• Ability to create and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates a strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<10% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
Works primarily in an office environment, however, is expected to attend some events at NYCB LIVE and in the community, which may include those on evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
• How did you hear about this job?