Full Time Job
BMI has an exciting opportunity for a VP, Finance in Nashville. This position has overall responsibility for all Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, Collection Services, Business Controls Solutions, Corporate Insurance and Risk Management functions, including the following:
• Provides financial analysis perspective and expertise regarding the organization’s strategic issues.
• Establishes, implements, and monitors operational performance metrics.
• Develops the company’s annual budget, mid-year budget review and ongoing forecasting and reporting.
• Serves on the Benefits Committee, Investment Committee and Risk Management Committee and Safety Committee.
• Oversees the fiscal and calendar year actuarial evaluation of retirement benefit plans.
• Works closely with independent investment advisors and the Investment Committee to evaluate the organization’s long-term investment strategies.
• Completes annual financial disclosures.
• Balances return and liquidity.
• Selects and manages relationships with banks and financial service providers.
• Leads continuous improvement of the collections process.
• Manages the relationships and collections process of third party collections vendors.
• Develops plans and executes internal control reviews; provides leadership with audit findings and recommendations for improvement.
• Coordinates regular updates of department level business continuity plans.
• Prepares information for, and participates in, Board meetings as assigned.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; MBA strongly preferred and at least 15 years’ experience in finance or accounting management with 10 years in a management level position with staff management responsibilities. CPA strongly preferred. Other certifications (e.g. CGMA, CMA, CIA, CISA, etc.) are a plus.
We are Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI), a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music. BMI represents the public performance rights in nearly 13 million musical works created and owned by more than 800,000 songwriters, composers and publishers. The Company negotiates music license agreements and distributes the fees it generates as royalties to its affiliated writers and publishers when their songs are performed in public.
Headquartered in New York, BMI has a rich history in the music industry. It was founded with a then-groundbreaking open-door policy welcoming all genres of music, and today, BMI’s repertoire features a wide range of compositions from chart toppers to perennial favorites that are consistently among the most-performed hits of the year.
BMI is proud to have many long-term loyal team members who uphold core values of integrity, dedication, inclusion & respect, accountability & team work, adaptability & courage and effective communication.