Sr. Scrum Master
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Point person for ensuring assigned projects or product releases
meet stated goals and objectives within the defined roadmap expectations and requested quality parameters. Team member on some of the most challenging, highly visible, and highly complex projects in the company and will require exceptionally advanced project management and agile experience and expertise to be successful. Core responsibilities include project planning, scope management, schedule development and management, critical path monitoring, resource coordination, dependency coordination, forecasting, communications management, deliverable delivery, risk prevention and mitigation, issue escalation and resolution, performance reporting, meeting facilitation, project process compliance, customer acceptance, benefits realization, teambuilding, and recognition. Executes the System Development Lifecycle using Agile/Scrum methodology for project teams in the implementation of both technology and business-oriented projects.
Execution responsibilities of the job include:
• Overall sprint planning and execution.
• Coaching/mentoring on methodology as it is implemented and used during the project development lifecycle.
• Enforcing the rules of Scrum.
• Removing team impediments while promoting self-management.
• Measuring sprint performance and escalating issues as needed.
• Constantly improving our standards of work.
• Training and mentoring other Scrum Masters.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Lead and coordinate delivery of assigned projects.
• Lead Agile/Scrum standard ceremonies on all assigned assets and releases.
• Gather, prepare and report metrics regarding sprint execution.
• Gather, prepare and report asset metrics regarding resource planning including planned versus actuals.
• Support resource planning execution to achieve less than 6% variance on the plan.
• Support development and execution of Product Roadmaps for Enterprise Application assets.
• Develop Project Plans and related support information.
• Develop milestones and manage critical path.
• Facilitate project communications.
• Assess and monitor and mitigate project risks.
• Coordinate inter and intra project dependencies.
• Prepare project performance and progress reports.
• Utilize provided enterprise project management technology tools.
• Ensure adherence to stated project processes.
• Escalate project issues and decisions as needed.
• Host project meetings as needed.
• Ensure use of lessons learned and best practices.
• Monitor task completion (and Team Foundation Server (TFS) compliance)
• Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
• Maintain sprint management dashboard in TFS
• Continue education in related disciplines.
• Coach and support project and agile team members as needed.
• Partner with all project team roles and stakeholders.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Four (4) year bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent years of experience. MBA preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of project management experience.
• Minimum 4 years of agile / scrum experience.
• Knowledge of project management and agile methodologies/concepts.
• Previous experience designing and delivering engaging presentations.
• Demonstrated experience in learning new technologies quickly.
and Abilities: which may be representative, but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Project Management.
• Strong software development background.
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Organization and planning skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Conflict resolution skills.
• Strong facilitation skills.
• Ability to build and sustain collaborative working relationships at all levels.
• Flexibility with changing priorities.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Customer service oriented.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP)
Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP)
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Green or Black Belt Six Sigma