Specialist, Distribution & Administration Services
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Demonstrate expertise in the software, systems, processes and procedures necessary to carry out specialized departmental functions. Facilitate business processes that drive accurate and timely royalty payments.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Apply policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to the business functions of this position.
• Recommend changes to procedures and process flows.
• Assist team leader and manager in establishing new procedures.
• Develop awareness of and familiarity with issues affecting the department, and/or its customers.
• Give guidance to the team by answering technical and procedural questions.
• Train new team members as requested.
• Assign work to staff as requested.
• Assist with data collection and analysis.
• Assist with analysis of software, system tools, and reports.
• Handle relevant day to day operations inquiries.
• Carry out specialized operational functions for business processes including but not limited to: registration, identification, imaging and data procurement.
• Participate and contribute to high profile projects.
• Work in other areas of the department as needed or assigned.
• Actively participate in ongoing training.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job.
• Sitting, talking, hearing, walking.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches; corrected or uncorrected.
• Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 10 lb. items.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
Normal office conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• High School graduate, or GED equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with concentration in music business.
• Foreign language preferred.
• Knowledge of at least three musical genres. More genres preferred.
• Minimum two (2) years experience in music business, music publishing, or related field.
• Music business related internships preferred.
• Experience in document retrieval software preferred.
and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Basic computer navigation skills including Word, Excel
• Fast learner
• Attention to detail
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Relationship management