Service Desk Technician
Full Time Job
Service Desk Technician II
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing intermediate level support for hardware, software and mobile device issues. The technician works directly with end users both in-person and remotely depending on the situation. This person resolves intermediate and advanced issues or dispatches to the appropriate team.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Identify and initiate resolutions to intermediate client device issues and concerns associated with office automation equipment including the following:
• Physical workstations
• Windows desktops and laptops
• Mac desktops and laptops
• Windows virtual workstations
• Mobile Devices
• Workstation peripherals including (but not limited to):
• Input devices (keyboards, mice, etc)
• Local printers
• Enterprise multi-function printers
• Paper jams
• Toner replacement
• Engage service provider as needed for additional maintenance
• Plan and coordinate the installation and implementation of office automation hardware and software per department standards and procedures.
• Maintain software and hardware to provide manual upgrades as necessary and ensure appropriate security levels are maintained.
• Uphold the enterprise policy guidelines as well as recommend new and improved guidelines to ensure compatibility and better service to enterprise users of personal computers.
• Maintain current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology of microcomputers and utilizes state-of-the-art techniques when implementing office automation solutions.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all enterprise departments to optimize working relationships and communication.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job.
• Sitting, talking, hearing, walking.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches; corrected or uncorrected.
• Occasional moving of 1 to 25 lb. items.
• Travel as needed, up to 25%.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
Normal office conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, business administration or related field preferred.
• Four years providing hardware/software technical support in a corporate environment
• Four years supporting client workstation hardware
• Four years supporting enterprise level multi-function printers
• Four years supporting Windows OS in a corporate environment
• One year supporting MacOS in a corporate environment
and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Proficiency in installing and supporting various types of PC software, hardware and peripherals.
• Familiarity with network topology and the ability to discern networking issues when troubleshooting reported issues.
• Strong communication skills: written, verbal, comprehension
• Strong customer service skills