Service Desk Technician
BMINew York, NY
Full Time Job
Responsible for providing entry level support for hardware, software and mobile device issues. The technician works directly with end users both in-person and remotely depending on the situation. This person handles “first call resolution” to resolve issues quickly or dispatches to the appropriate team.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Identify and initiate resolutions to basic client device issues and concerns associated with office automation equipment including the following:
Physical workstations: Windows desktops and laptops
Windows virtual workstations
Mobile Devices: Smartphones, Tablets
Workstation peripherals including (but not limited to): Input devices (keyboards, mice, etc); Local printers
Enterprise multi-function printers: Paper jams; Engage service provider as needed for additional maintenance
• Plan and coordinate the installation and implementation of office automation hardware and software per department standards and procedures.
• Maintain software and hardware to provide manual upgrades as necessary and ensure appropriate security levels are maintained.
• Uphold the enterprise policy guidelines as well as recommend new and improved guidelines to ensure compatibility and better service to enterprise users of personal computers.
• Maintain current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology of microcomputers and utilizes state-of-the-art techniques when implementing office automation solutions.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all enterprise departments to optimize working relationships and communication.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, business administration or related field preferred.
• Two years providing hardware/software technical support in a corporate environment
• Two years supporting client workstation hardware
• Two years supporting enterprise level multi-function printers
• Two years supporting Windows OS in a corporate environment
• One year supporting MacOS in a corporate environment
• Proficiency in installing and supporting various types of PC software, hardware and peripherals.
• Familiarity with network topology and the ability to discern networking issues when troubleshooting reported issues.
• Strong communication skills: written, verbal, comprehension
• Strong customer service skills