BMILos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Assists the Executive Director, and other departmental executives, by performing the following duties:
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Handles the procurement and collection of network, theatrical, streaming and syndicated cue sheets, promo logos and schedules to ensure cue sheet compliance.
• Establishes and maintains contacts at networks and production companies.
• Coordinates demonstrations and access to BMI’s missing list for network and syndicated sources via our online application, BMI ROCS/RapidCue.
• BMI’s dedicated contact for RapidCue inquiries and assistance.
• Maintains relations with film/TV composers and songwriters; researching, Distribution, Administration and TV Operations questions and inquiries.
• Fields daily incoming calls from attorneys, composers, publishers and music executives to resolves music cue sheet issues and overall BMI questions.
• Handle all international requests regarding film and television productions.
• Researches information on all programs and production company information, as well as composer/publisher details.
• Screens and answer all incoming calls and respond independently when appropriate.
• Organizes shared outlook contact database and schedule internal/external meetings.
• Assists with special projects as needed, such as assist at award shows, missing lists, relieving receptionist.
• Supports our BMI Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum 3 years administrative experience. Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Must have great customer service skills; problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Able to establish a professional, constructive, personable and informative relationship with affiliates, internal corporate relations, departmental employees and management.
• Able to work independently and with good judgment.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines, including special projects and events.
• Strong typing and proofreading skills.
• Working knowledge of the music industry.