Senior Manager, Distribution & Administrative Services
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for leading and supporting the functional managers responsible for various processing and team member development activities across the team to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of inputs into BMI’s quarterly distribution.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Provide leadership and direction to Team Managers for priorities and goals for each functional area.
• Define and monitor key metrics to assess productivity, manage cost and improve quality.
• Evaluate and improve core business processes and systems to deliver accurate and complete inputs to distribution in a timely manner.
• Evaluate and guide performance improvement for both managers and team members.
• Analyze, aggregate and communicate key trends and variances that might require adjustments to staffing and/or processing approaches.
• Ensure that team priorities align with distribution directives.
• Provide guidance and support to the Team Managers to ensure departmental inquiries are handled efficiently and effectively across the department. Problem solve issues escalated by Team Managers when necessary.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required. Music business or general concentration preferred.
• Strong knowledge of business and management principles and practices.
• Minimum five (5) years external experience in operational/processing field, music business or at least four (4) years in BMI related field.
• Advanced computer navigation skills including Word, Excel and general proficiency with other Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Minimum one (1) year of supervisor experience strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Basic knowledge of strategic planning
• Self-starter with potential for upward mobility within the organization.
• Attention to detail and strong organization skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong motivational skills
• Strong judgment capabilities
• Strong decision making skills
• Knowledge of foreign language preferred but not required
• Ability to perform well in a fast paced, ever changing environment
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
• Computer and software. Normal office equipment.
License(s)/Certifications Required: None