Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Full Time Job
The Senior Director of Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for managing all aspects of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
THE JOB WILL INCLUDE:
• Champion for prudent management of company resources.
• Build and maintain a cross-functional network of BMI colleagues.
• Provide leadership, mentoring and support to the business as a trusted finance expert.
Business Planning (Annual Budget Development and Forecast Updates)
• Oversees the annual budget planning process ($1 billion in revenues) and the mid-year review process including administering the budget/planning software platform (SAP BPC), planning the timeline, coordinating meetings with senior leadership, communication and coordination with senior leadership on plan inputs, explaining key variances/changes, and developing documentation for Board approval.
• Provides guidance and assistance to department leaders in timely preparation of their annual budgets (revenues, expenses, capital spending).
• Acts as a mentor to department leaders related to financial planning and analysis.
• Provides reports useful in helping department leaders develop their budgets.
• Answers questions and provides analysis as requested.
• Maintains an open dialogue with department leaders on budget items in order to meet project deadlines.
• Develops a full understanding of plan inputs submitted.
• Fosters a process resulting in department leaders “owning” their budgets.
• Oversees development of the Special Projects budget and the Board of Directors budget.
• Develops/maintains the company wide headcount/staffing model for budget and other analysis.
• Directs the compilation of the annual budget/forecast book and related presentations.
• Act as the administrator of the SAP BPC budgeting software, as needed, to include maintaining account structure, departments, time frames and other dimensions.
• Develops/maintains training materials for SAP BPC software, conduct training and tutorial sessions for department heads and other users of SAP BPC software as needed.
• Leads other intra-year forecasts as necessary.
Business Analysis & Support
• Oversees the maintenance of the International Revenue model (~$300 million in revenue) for purposes of budgeting, forecasting, exchange rate analysis, and supporting the month-end close process for Accounting.
• Oversees resources to assist Special Projects in tracking and reporting results versus budget
• Identifies areas of improvement and works with business leadership to affect change.
• Assists business leadership with operational finance expertise and identification of appropriate key performance indicators and benchmarks.
• Acts as a financial modeling expert for the organization. Develops complex models in support of business as requested.
• Leads the financial evaluation of capital expenditure requests to include:
• Lease versus buy analysis
• Return on investment
• Business case development with input from business leaders
• Complete ad hoc reports and analysis as requested
• Works closely with accounting for actual to budget analysis
• Provide objective evaluation of performance-based commission calculations.
• Provides finance support to Human Resources related to operational and strategic initiatives.
• Provide support and review to accounting for monthly "Blue Book."
• Provide support and guidance for the Annual Report.
Strategic Analysis & Support
• Supports management in evaluating financial and strategic impact of new business opportunities, new products and services, and technology solutions.
• Complete analysis of competitor financials.
• Maintains expertise in current industry trends relevant to BMI’s business and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and service.
• Leads financial aspects of acquisition due diligence and modeling.
• Participates as an advisor in the Investment Committee meetings
• Support the CFO and VP, Finance with investment initiatives.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Has direct and indirect responsibility for supervising departmental team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training team members; planning, assigning, directing and ensuring reliability of work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, economics, finance or business administration. Master's in business administration preferred.
• Minimum 10 years experience in finance or accounting management with staffing management responsibilities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of financial statements and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Ability to present ideas in an easy to understand and engaging manner.
• Highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with others.
• Supervisory skills.
• Extended hours beyond 40 as needed
• Flexibility for occasional overnight travel
License(s)/Certifications Required: None. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Management (CFM) or other financial certifications a plus.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.
We are Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI), a global leader in performance rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music. BMI represents the public performance rights in nearly 14 million musical works created and owned by more than 900,000 songwriters, composers and publishers. The Company negotiates music license agreements and distributes the fees it generates as royalties to its affiliated writers and publishers when their songs are performed in public.