Quality Assurance Analyst
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Highly motivated, self-directed, Quality Assurance Analyst to work in tandem with management, application developers, and business operating groups to develop test plans and acceptance criteria for all new software development. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of automated and manual test cases for acceptance testing in compliance with the company’s agile standards.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Develop, coordinate and execute detailed QA and UAT test plans/data/cases for user acceptance testing based on the company’s agile methodology standards.
• Develop and maintain automation testing.
• Define and maintain testing standards and methodologies.
• Maintain the TST/QA environment in conjunction with the company’s Infrastructure resources.
• Participate in all aspects of the company’s software development methodology: define, develop, and deploy.
• Prepare training materials, conduct user training, and maintain system documentation.
• Provide regular verbal and written status reports to management.
• Participate in multiple, concurrent projects of varying sizes and complexities.
• Participate in technical logic and design discussions.
• Create, maintain, and present technical documentation for/to various audiences.
• Coordinate application bug tracking system and process.
• Insure the completeness of all required documentation.
• Review applications for adherence to business requirements.
• Perform other related job duties as needed.
• Regular Attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting, talking, hearing, and walking.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches; corrected or uncorrected.
• Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 10 lb. items.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
• Normal office conditions.
• Must be willing to work overtime and weekends when required.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or Math) or equivalent industry experience.
• Knowledge of the music industry.
• Knowledge of metadata and media file management.
• Must have a basic understanding of SQL.
• Three plus (3 ) years experience analyzing, documenting, and testing application requirements based complex business, technical, and operational needs.
• Experience working with agile methodologies.
• Experience with Change Control Processes.
• Scrum is especially preferred.
• Proficient using MS Visio or similar software.
• Excellent understanding of flowcharting, unit testing, entity relationships, schema analysis, definition & documentation, and troubleshooting.
• Excellent understanding of and hands-on experience with design and development best practices. Familiarity with user operating systems and web browsers.
and Abilities: This may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Critical Thinking - Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with emphasis on data analysis.
• Flexibility -Must possess ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly changing environment.
• Sense of urgency - Must possess proven ability to work under aggressive deadlines and meet project commitments.
• Attention to Detail - Must possess ability to handle non-routine, multi-faceted technical problems.
• Collaboration - Must be a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication.
• Communication - Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Flexibility - Must have demonstrable achievement in working with multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
• Initiative - Must possess drive, persistence, and personal ownership of assignments.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
Personal computer and associated software. Normal office equipment.
License(s)/Certifications Required: None.