Manager, Data Operations
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Work closely with stakeholders including: developers, architects, technical staff, business clients and vendors to ensure we collect and distribute royalty payments accurately and on schedule. Participate in delivering solutions in a complex production environment including: disparate legacy data environments, multi-tenant systems, high volume structured and unstructured data.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Coordinate with program managers, applications development, technical support and business operations to achieve alignment on changes and enhancements to royalty distribution processing and to ensure timely payment to songwriters and affiliates.
• Plan all workload schedules in line with production needs across BMI. Oversee the creation of all production tasks in alignment with capacity. Add capacity as needed to meet business demands.
• Plan, coordinate and implement technology refreshes and product updates to systems and peripheral equipment, applications, scheduling tools and utilities, and related system software.
• Follow through on all problem resolution and apply knowledge gained to prevention.
• Provide leadership during the development, implementation, upgrade, operation, and maintenance of music data and information initiatives including: working with developers, technical support, vendors and business operations to deploy, schedule, migrate, and protect information assets.
• Stay informed about technology innovations and contributes to thought leadership by presenting on these topics to internal partners.
• Participate in and/or leads meetings between key constituents to discuss new products and processes, resolve open issues and provide progress updates.
• Author thorough content and documentation that clearly articulates complex concepts and requirements while driving to a desired end result.
• Supervise, delegate, manage, monitor and maintain complex application workload schedules.
• Coordinate necessary communications between any BMI departments in order to achieve production goals.
• Maintain and utilize statistics to evaluate on the job and system performance of the team and internal systems. Evaluate changes to ensure continuity and increase effectiveness.
• Must be on call electronically and be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Maintain procedures to protect confidential and sensitive information. Ensure team is compliant with all aspects of security.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Support our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises departmental team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, directing and ensuring reliability of work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job.
• Sitting, talking, hearing, walking.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches; corrected or uncorrected.
• Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 50 lb. items.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
Normal office conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• At least two years of Information Technology curriculum. May consider current work experience in lieu of formal classroom training.
• Minimum 10 years of directly related experience.
• Minimum of three years’ management experience; building and managing high performance, multi-disciplined operational teams.
• Previous experience as a computer operator or operations analyst is a strong plus.
• Two years analyzing complex scheduling environments involving multiple platforms (mainframe, windows, and Linux) and database management systems (IBM DB2, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server) and defining solutions.
• Experience analyzing and designing system and data disaster recovery procedures.
and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, can manage multiple tasks from start to completion with limited supervision.
• Strong analytical / problem-solving skills.
• Background working with onsite, collocated, and cloud delivery models.
• Strong people skills.
• Demonstrated conflict resolution.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities.
• Demonstrated time management skills.
• Demonstrated supervisory skills.
• Proficiency with mainframe and server software (e.g., MVS, JES2, JCL, CA-7, CA-AutoSys) is a plus.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
Personal computer equipment and associated software. Normal office equipment. Mainframe, windows servers, linux servers, storage management systems, tape management systems, printers and related peripherals.