Executive Director, Distribution & Administration Services
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will develop, lead and execute department strategies related to the outward facing, customer service, and administration functions of the Distribution and Administration Services team. Manage and develop business relationships with BMI publishers and other industry parties to achieve department and company goals. Lead and manage the teams responsible for customer service and catalog management.
• Develop and implement strategies to further enhance client management, customer service and catalog management processes.
• Develop and implement strategies to further enhance our affiliate experience as it relates to online services, tools, and statements.
• Manage a set of activities to assure the integrity and completeness of high value works.
• Monitor and assess impact of changes related to copyright law, regulatory, or industry standards. When applicable, lead change efforts to ensure BMI is current with changes.
• Manage key publisher client relationships to ensure all requests, issues or needs are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Provide leadership, direction and oversight to the teams responsible for customer service and catalog management.
• Provide tactical and strategic recommendations to improve customer service and catalog management service levels, policies, and procedures.
• Develop, maintain and communicate copyright data policies with all relevant stakeholders.
• Liaise between internal cross functional teams, affiliates, and partners to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions.
• Analyze and interpret data and copyright documentation to provide solutions for complex administration scenarios.
• Lead or work with other BMI team members on various task forces within the company to develop solutions and strategies for current and future BMI initiatives.
• Oversee continuous improvement efforts across the customer service and administration teams.
• Monitor and assess current market trends and the effects on BMI customer service, administration practices, policies, and procedures.
• Provide tactical and strategic recommendations to improve copyright data and its use within BMI’s processes.
• Oversee efforts to identify and implement quality control processes and policies across the administration area.
• Work closely with IT and the business units on customer service and administration system/technical projects. This includes backlog management and influencing priority work on the Administration Team roadmaps.
• Participate in or represent BMI in cross-industry initiatives.
• Lead and oversee teams responsible for data preparation and delivery.
• Build and manage relationships with BMI publishers and other industry partners.
• Serve as a copyright and administration advisor for the Legal, Licensing and Creative teams.
• Develop and maintain departmental SOP’s and policies.
• Prepare metrics and other reports as needed.
• Support the Distribution Product Owners by providing observations and recommendations for enhancements to the distribution supply chain.
• Support BMI Core Values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree (an emphasis in Music Business Preferred) or commensurate Music Business Experience. MBA preferred.
• Minimum ten (10) years with related experience in copyright, royalties, and music licensing.
• Minimum Seven (7) years management experience.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to problem solving.
• Must be proactive in setting and meeting goals and objectives.
• Change leadership.
• Demonstrated experience in effectively leading projects through to completion. Must be results driven, and detail-oriented, with the ability to organize, prioritize and follow-through.
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Strong knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality/discretion.