Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Process information from a variety of sources using systems, tools and resources that support the accurate and timely distribution of royalty payments to BMI affiliates.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• As applicable, process cue sheets, link performances and perform other necessary tasks to meet team goals and deadlines.
• Maintain best practices as learned from continuous training on systems, procedures and decision-making.
• Apply policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to this business function.
• Communicate with management on a regular basis regarding work-related issues and questions.
• Meet established departmental goals for quantity and quality.
• Perform all tasks and functions handled by a specific team.
• Maintain knowledge of industry and affiliate changes through a variety of sources (industry blogs, BMI360, on-line content, and/or updates shared by co-workers and leaders).
• Regular attendance.
• Support BMI Core Values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Other relevant duties as needed.
Specific to Distribution and Administration Services AV Team
• Process Cue Sheets.
• Identify performances on cable stations, digital audio sources and any other audio visual identification needs.
Specific to Distribution and Administration Services Audio Team
• Process Music Report Submissions.
• Identify performances reported by audio music reporting sources.
• Review and reconcile quality assurance reports related to charting works and other high priority content.
Specific to Distribution and Administration Services Foreign Incoming Team
• Process Audio and Audio Visual distribution payments made by foreign Performing Rights Organizations.
• Create manual payments to our affiliates.
• Review and reconcile quality assurance reports related to resolution and payment of Foreign Incoming royalties.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job.
• Sitting, talking, hearing, walking.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches; corrected or uncorrected.
• Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 10 lb. items.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
Normal office conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Experience: Experience or familiarity with an operational/processing role. Knowledge of music industry or active participation in the music community highly preferred.
and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient keyboard and PC skills.
• Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, detail-oriented work environment.
• Effective decision making skills to determine when and how to escalate problems or questions.
• Demonstrate a passion for music.
• Foreign language helpful but not required.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to interact professionally with others at all levels.
• Ability to work in a team or independently with minimal supervision.
• Good problem-solving ability.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
Personal computer and associated software. Normal office equipment.
License(s)/Certifications Required: None