Data Analyst, Distribution & Administrative Services
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: This role will leverage analytical and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems and support organizational objectives. The individual will also provide insights, recommendations or results from performance of various forms modeling and analysis around BMIs distribution/performance data.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Assist in preparation of complex distribution models, perform scenario testing and other forms of analysis to ensure BMIs delivery of a competitive and quality distribution
• Use various technologies to mine complex, voluminous, and different varieties of data sources and platforms to support effective business decisions and/or processes
• Assist in preparation of various forms of analysis and business intelligence to support the negotiation of BMI licensing deals
• Assist in design and development of tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization
• Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp technologies, data models and business processes
• Create, maintain, and update a growing suite of reports and dashboards that service the analytic needs of various groups across Distribution & Administration as well as the Creative team
• As required, support specific distribution processes; includes modeling and QA
• Highlight gaps in reporting and analytics that can create value across the distribution supply chain
• Support various business initiatives and projects as it relates to data analysis and reporting
• Evangelize the use of data tools and best practices and ensure stakeholders’ analytic needs are being met
• Participate in continuous process improvement to ensure departmental efficiencies are identified, implemented and maintained
• Understand all aspects of the distribution supply chain, including data structures, business processes, and distribution methodologies
• Other duties as needed
• Regular attendance
• Support BMI Core Values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job.
• Sitting, talking, hearing, and walking.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches; corrected or uncorrected.
• Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 10 lb. items.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
Normal office conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree required with emphasis in Finance, Economics, or similar discipline preferred
• Minimum One (1) year with related experience and/or a combination of the required technical skills listed below:
• Experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments)
• Working experience with SQL and various BI Reporting Tools
• Demonstrated experience in analysis, preparation and presentation of data required
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel and Access
• Familiarity with music industry preferred
and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Critical Thinking skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Results Driven
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong Organization and Project Management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Relationship skills
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
Personal computer and associated software. Normal office equipment.
License(s)/Certifications Required: None